Where personal information handling is based on individual consent, the individual consent shall be voluntary, explicit, and fully informed. Where any other law or administrative regulation provides that an individual’s separate consent or written consent must be obtained for handling personal information, such provisions shall apply.
In the case of any change of the purposes or means of personal information handling, or the category of handled personal information, a new consent shall be obtained from the individual.
- Legal bases for handling personal information
- Withdrawal of consent
- Refusal or withdrawal of consent without detriment
- Consent for sharing between handlers
- Consent for disclosures
- Consent for public surveillance
- Consent for sensitive personal information handling
- Consent for cross-border transfers
Relevant PIPL Compliance Documents
(Subscription Services Required)
- Faculty, staff and student employee consent template
- Student consent template
- Student employee consent template
- Vendor and contractor consent template
- Notice of change and reconsent template
- Research subject consent templates (research subscription add-on required)
- 2020 Personal Information Security Specification
- 2021 Regulations on the Management of Online Data Security (Draft)
For detailed information on XL Law Subscription content, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.