The national cyberspace department shall coordinate relevant departments to promote personal information protection through the following efforts in accordance with this Law:
- formulating specific rules and standards for personal information protection;
- developing special personal information protection rules and standards for small personal information handlers, the handling of sensitive personal information, and new technologies and applications such as face recognition and artificial intelligence;
- supporting the research and development, and promoting the application of secure and convenient electronic identity authentication technology, and advancing the public services for network identity authentication;
- promoting the development of a personal information protection service system with the participation of various social sectors, and supporting relevant institutions in providing personal information protection assessment and certification services; and
- improving the complaint and reporting mechanism related to personal information protection.