A personal information handler shall establish the mechanism for receiving and handling individuals’ requests for exercising their rights. Where an individual’s request is rejected, the reasons therefor shall be given.
Where an individual’s request to exercise his rights is rejected by a personal information handler, the individual may file a lawsuit with the people’s court in accordance with the law.
- Right to complain
- Right to be informed, make decisions, and restrict or refuse handling
- Right to consult, duplicate, and transfer
- Right to correct
- Right to delete
- Right to explanation of handling policies
- Right to withdraw consent
- Rights in relation to automated decision making
- Rights in relation to deceased individuals
- Private right of action, burden of proof, and calculation of damages
Relevant PIPL Compliance Documents
(Subscription Services Required)
- 2020 Personal Information Security Specification
- 2021 Regulations on the Management of Online Data Security (Draft)
For detailed information on XL Law Subscription content, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.